2014 Locus Modo Red (Merlot/Malbec/Syrah/Cabernet Sauvignon), $15
Merlot is definitely the power plyer of this blend. A bouquet of blueberries and a hint of ground nutmeg. On the palate, brambly blackberries and dark cherries morph into subtle tobacco, cedar, and leather. Bright acidity and surprisingly gripping tannins round out this easy-drinking red.
Awards & Ratings
- Wine Spectator, 88 Points (March 2016)
- 2016 Cascadia Wine Competition, SILVER
- 2016 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, BRONZE
- 2016 San Diego International Wine and Spirits Challenge, SILVER, 88 Points
- 2016 Seattle Wine Awards, SILVER, Red Proprietary Blend, Under $20.00