Bottles in Spokane, WA is introducing Locus Wines to local wine and beer drinkers on Friday, July 7th, from 5PM onwards at their 3319 N. Argonne Rd. Spokane, WA 99212 location with culinary goodness from Mac Daddy’s Gourmet Grub. Here is how they talked about it:
“This is going to be a fun wine tasting as Amber from Cru Selections introduces us to a newer winery from Seattle called Locus Wines. Locus has been in the Seattle market, but just recently has come over to Spokane. Come try these awesome wines and we also have a special treat for you as well from Finn River – it is an awesome raspberry dessert wine – you gotta try it!
- Modo White – This easy drinking Bordeaux style white is the very definition of the “summer sipper”. A Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc blend with aromas of pineapple, grass and flint followed by flavors of lychee and lemon with nice minerality
- Rose – Aromas of nectarine, fennel and herbes de provence. Flavors of peach, mandarin orange and lavender. This light, crisp wine is a blend of Cinsault, Grenache and Mourdvedre. Bone dry finish
- Modo Red – This easy drinking red is a blend of Merlot, Malbec, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon with Merlot as the power player. Enjoy blueberries and a hint of nutmeg on the nose. Blackberries and dark cherries with subtle tobacco, cedar, and leather are present on the palate
- Sud – Southern Rhone style blend, hence the name sud. It is a blend of Grenache and Syrah. Enjoy ripe strawberry and eucalyptus on the nose and the palate offers bright cherry with hints of cedar
- Locus Red – Rhone style blend of Syrah, Grenache and Mourdvedre. Ripe raspberry and violets are present on the nose while flavors of plum, ground nutmeg, fresh black pepper and hints of tobacco linger in your mouth
- Finn River Raspberry Brandy Wine – Enjoy this spectacular dessert wine – pure, intense, absolute essence of fresh raspberries! Awesome poured over rich vanilla ice cream or a piece of creamy cheesecake!”
Well, said. Nothing for us to do but support it. If you are in the area and like the wines (or would like to try the wines to see if you like them or not), please support us and go to Bottles on Friday. Say hi to Amber (of Cru Selections) from us, too.