On Saturday, Locus Wines winemaker Rich Burton is pouring the line up at the Hellam’s Vineyard wine store from 1 to 6PM. The daffodils are out so maybe in between visiting the fields, you should stop by. More information on the Hellam’s Vineyard website.
Socius (Locus Wines wine club) wine club’s second annual bistro event was a big one, compared to last year’s. We had over 100 folks with us at the beautiful Seattle Culinary Academy, tasting the past (2014 Rosé, 2016 Locus Rosé, 2014 Locus Modo Red, 2013 Locus Red) and some of the future (2016 Barbera, 2016 Cabernet Sauignon and 2016 Locus Strand Vineyard Syrah) Locus Wines releases, while nibbling on rabbit paté, cheeses and other goodness. Those club members who couldn’t make it: We are sorry but you should be sorry too. You missed out. We will catch you next time.
Here are some crowd-sourced imagery from the event. Thank you, Alice G. and others for the impromptu photography work.
A little over 150 people were in attendance at the Locus Wines Fall Party on Saturday, November 17th. The weather was dry and sunny and the people festive. The brand new 2015 Locus Cabernet Franc and 2015 Locus Red were qualified hits and the food hit the mark. Here are a few things you missed out on, unless you were here of course…. These parties do not happen automagically. We rely on our awesome friend-volunteers (Birgit, Carol, Collene, Eric, Josh, Jeanie, Lindsey, Tori) and family (Shama, Scott, Tony). Add an amazing group of select culinarians from Seattle Culinary Academy to serve in the kitchen (Chris, Ell, Fox, Daniel, Coco, Emily and Jack) and only then, magic.
- The storied Edmonds location, Epulo Bistro carried 2016 Locus Modo Red, starting in September. So did the Ballinger Village Thriftway in Shoreline.
- Metropolitan Market on Admiral in West Seattle has 2017 Locus Modo White. So does the Locol Barley & Vine on 35th Ave SW. So does the Shorewood Grocery in the neighboring Shorewood area.
- Harry’s on Tye in Monroe is carrying the 2016 Locus Modo Red as well.
- Old Stove Brewing on Western in downtown Seattle has been pouring the 2016 Locus Rosé since July.
- Left Bank Wine Bar and The Grain Shed in Spokane carroes the 2016 Locus Modo Red. Indaba Coffee carries the 2016 Locus Rosé.
- If you are in Stevenson, stop by A&J Market for 2016 Locus Modo Red.
If you are interested sampling some of these wines or discover other wines we have been making, come join us for the Locus Fall Party on Saturday, November 17th from 2 to 6pm in Madrona neighborhood. Click here for more information.
- Everyone’s favorite beer house in the Central District, Chuck’s Hop Shop is offering the Locus Rosé on tap for those who find none of the 47 beers on tap appealing
- Bounty Kitchen in Queen Anne is carrying the 2015 Locus Sud
- Collections Café at the Chihuly Gardens is carrying the Locus Rosé
- Fresh Fish Company on Northwest 80th has Locus Rosé on the shelves
- Tom Douglas’ Home Remedy is carrying the Locus Rosé
- Left Bank Wine in South Park is pouring the Locus Rosé
- Metropolitan Market in Sandpoint has both the Locus Rosé and Locus Modo White