You missed the Summer Release last weekend? Don’t worry. There is always something going on somewhere around Seattle metro. In a pinch, you can rush to the Tasting Room in Post Alley downtown Seattle that has all Locus Wines by the glass, daily year round. Most of the events materialize with fairly short notice so check back here often to see what’s what. Here is a snapshot though:
- Compass Wines Locus Tasting, Anacortes, WA, July 26th, 2017, 4-6PM
Winemaker Rich Burton visits Compass Wines in Anacortes, a long time supporter of the wines near the islands, to pour the crop of newer Locus Wines.
- Winemaker’s Night at the Tasting Room, Seattle, WA. July 27th, 2017, 7-9PM
Rich Burton will be present to pour the wines and chat with tasters at the Tasting Room in post alley. Tasters pay for flights or for glasses of the wines.
- Locus Fall Party, Seattle, WA, November 11th, 2017, 2-6PM
Annual Fall party in Madrona neighborhood. Free of charge tasting and food pairings.
- Socius Locus Wine Club Event, Seattle, WA, February 24th, 2017, TBD
Wine club members sit down, relax, hang out, drink and be merry at the Madrona location of the winery, without the crowds of tasting parties and with food and wine service at their tables. This event is by invitation only. Wine club membership required.
- Locus Spring Party, Seattle, WA, April 21st, 2017, 2-6PM
Annual Spring party in Madrona neighborhood. Free of charge tasting and food pairings.
- Socius Locus Wine Club Event: Red Wine Blending Party, Seattle, WA, June 11th, 2017, 7-10PM
Wine club members try barrel samples to come up with compelling red wine blends for the 2017 fruit. Winners get prizes. As always, delicious bites available for the participants. This event is by invitation only. Wine club membership required.
- Locus Summer Party, Seattle, WA, July 28th, 2018, 3-7PM
Annual summer party in Madrona neighborhood. Free of charge tasting and food pairings.
If you weren’t one of the 135 or so people who showed up at the Spring release party last Saturday, you can stop panicking now. You still have 5 chances in the upcoming weeks to try the new line up, near Seattle or far.
- STEM Uncorked, Seattle, WA, Friday, April 28th, 2017, 5-9PM
Come learn about the other “stem” education at Science Uncorked! Enjoy an evening sampling some of Washington’s finest wines while exploring the science straight from the vine. Enjoy unlimited tastings from participating wineries, a souvenir wine glass, and after-hours access to the exhibits.
- Madrona Wine Merchants Tasting, Saturday, May 6th, 2017, 2-4PM
Taste the new releases at the best place second best place in Madrona to taste Locus Wines. Jim and Mark are ardent supporters of Locus and we do this tasting annually to celebrate the partnership.
- The Tasting Room, Saturday, May 13th, 2017, 1-5PM
Locus Wines is part of the Tasting Room 7 days a week now but from time to time, we become the focus of attention there. This is one of those focus of attention thingies, with winemaker Rich Burton on hand to pour the wines.
- Rising Stars, Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center, Prosser, WA, May 20th, 2017, 1-4PM
2nd annual rising star highlights up and coming winemakers in Prosser, WA. Tickets are $50 plus tax until April 30th. $55 plus tax afterwards. Discounts for lodging available for early birds.
- Bottlehouse Rosé Event, Seattle, WA Saturday, June 3rd, 2017, 3-8PM
Locus Wines plus bunch of other class acts are going to battle it out to the death. Except they won’t. They will also pour rosé wines. Find out more about the event at the Bottlehouse website.
- Everett Golf Club & Country Club, Everett, WA, Friday, June 9th, 5-8PM
Find Locus winemaker Rich Burton on the 15th with wine, then taste/buy the wines in the clubhouse.
- McCall Rosé Tasting Event, McCall, ID, Sunday, June 18th, 3-6PM
- Mr. West Rosé Event, Seattle, WA, June 20th, 5-8PM
- The Tasting Room, Seattle, WA, Saturday, July 8th, 2017, 1-5PM
You can taste Locus Wines any time at the Tasting Room in downtown Seattle but on this particular Saturday, Locus Wines is going to be the focus of attention with winemaker Rich Burton on hand to pour the wines. This is not a free of charge tasting.
- Summer Party,Seattle, WA, July 15th, 2017, 3-7PM
Annual summer party in Madrona neighborhood, celebrating release of 2016 Locus Sémillon and other surprises. Free of charge tasting and food pairings.