This Thursday, September 21st, from 5-7PM, the Tasting Room in the Post Alley is holding a Locus Wines happy hour with winemaker Rich Burton in tow. The wine flights, the Locus Wines bottles will all be discounted to happy hour pricing during the evening. Chances are, Rich will stay way longer than the happy hour, so it is a chance to spend some cycles with the winemaker with very little interruption before he gets all busy with the crush, if you so desire. No need to RSVP or call ahead. Just show up at your convenience.
You missed the Summer Release last weekend? Don’t worry. There is always something going on somewhere around Seattle metro. In a pinch, you can rush to the Tasting Room in Post Alley downtown Seattle that has all Locus Wines by the glass, daily year round. Most of the events materialize with fairly short notice so check back here often to see what’s what. Here is a snapshot though:
- Compass Wines Locus Tasting, Anacortes, WA, July 26th, 2017, 4-6PM
Winemaker Rich Burton visits Compass Wines in Anacortes, a long time supporter of the wines near the islands, to pour the crop of newer Locus Wines.
- Winemaker’s Night at the Tasting Room, Seattle, WA. July 27th, 2017, 7-9PM
Rich Burton will be present to pour the wines and chat with tasters at the Tasting Room in post alley. Tasters pay for flights or for glasses of the wines.
- Locus Fall Party, Seattle, WA, November 11th, 2017, 2-6PM
Annual Fall party in Madrona neighborhood. Free of charge tasting and food pairings.
- Socius Locus Wine Club Event, Seattle, WA, February 24th, 2017, TBD
Wine club members sit down, relax, hang out, drink and be merry at the Madrona location of the winery, without the crowds of tasting parties and with food and wine service at their tables. This event is by invitation only. Wine club membership required.
- Locus Spring Party, Seattle, WA, April 21st, 2017, 2-6PM
Annual Spring party in Madrona neighborhood. Free of charge tasting and food pairings.
- Socius Locus Wine Club Event: Red Wine Blending Party, Seattle, WA, June 11th, 2017, 7-10PM
Wine club members try barrel samples to come up with compelling red wine blends for the 2017 fruit. Winners get prizes. As always, delicious bites available for the participants. This event is by invitation only. Wine club membership required.
- Locus Summer Party, Seattle, WA, July 28th, 2018, 3-7PM
Annual summer party in Madrona neighborhood. Free of charge tasting and food pairings.
Earlier in the month, we had announced quite a few new locations that carry Locus Wines but we are seeing more stores and restaurants joining the fray, so we thought we’d amend to the updates from July 2nd and July 3rd. Here are some of the new places that are now selling/pouring the wines in the greater Seattle area:
- Siefert and Jones Wine Merchants, Bellingham, WA (2014 Modo Red)
- Vinostrology, Bellingham, WA (2015 Sud)
- Mossback Café, Kingston, WA (2016 Rosé)
- Tacoma Boys, Puyalup, WA (2014 Modo Red, 2016 Modo White, 2016 Rosé)
- Plateau Club, Sammamish, WA (2016 Rosé)
- Stella Deli and Market, Seattle, WA (2014 Modo Red)
Locus Wines won awards for each of the four wines we had submitted back in February for the 2017 Seattle Wine Awards consideration.
- The 2015 Locus Sud (our surprise release from November release party) got GOLD for Red Rhone $20 and Under category.
- The 2014 Locus Red (our flagship blend) took GOLD honors Red Rhone $20 – $35 category.
- The 2016 Locus Modo White blend won BRONZE for White Bordeaux Under $20 category.
- The 2016 Locus Rosé won BRONZE for Rosé- Blended category.
You can taste these and the new vintage, 2016 Locus Sémillon at the July 15th Summer Party in Madrona, from 3-7PM.
Bottles in Spokane, WA is introducing Locus Wines to local wine and beer drinkers on Friday, July 7th, from 5PM onwards at their 3319 N. Argonne Rd. Spokane, WA 99212 location with culinary goodness from Mac Daddy’s Gourmet Grub. Here is how they talked about it:
“This is going to be a fun wine tasting as Amber from Cru Selections introduces us to a newer winery from Seattle called Locus Wines. Locus has been in the Seattle market, but just recently has come over to Spokane. Come try these awesome wines and we also have a special treat for you as well from Finn River – it is an awesome raspberry dessert wine – you gotta try it!
- Modo White – This easy drinking Bordeaux style white is the very definition of the “summer sipper”. A Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc blend with aromas of pineapple, grass and flint followed by flavors of lychee and lemon with nice minerality
- Rose – Aromas of nectarine, fennel and herbes de provence. Flavors of peach, mandarin orange and lavender. This light, crisp wine is a blend of Cinsault, Grenache and Mourdvedre. Bone dry finish
- Modo Red – This easy drinking red is a blend of Merlot, Malbec, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon with Merlot as the power player. Enjoy blueberries and a hint of nutmeg on the nose. Blackberries and dark cherries with subtle tobacco, cedar, and leather are present on the palate
- Sud – Southern Rhone style blend, hence the name sud. It is a blend of Grenache and Syrah. Enjoy ripe strawberry and eucalyptus on the nose and the palate offers bright cherry with hints of cedar
- Locus Red – Rhone style blend of Syrah, Grenache and Mourdvedre. Ripe raspberry and violets are present on the nose while flavors of plum, ground nutmeg, fresh black pepper and hints of tobacco linger in your mouth
- Finn River Raspberry Brandy Wine – Enjoy this spectacular dessert wine – pure, intense, absolute essence of fresh raspberries! Awesome poured over rich vanilla ice cream or a piece of creamy cheesecake!”
Well, said. Nothing for us to do but support it. If you are in the area and like the wines (or would like to try the wines to see if you like them or not), please support us and go to Bottles on Friday. Say hi to Amber (of Cru Selections) from us, too.
We have neglected to be more informing when it comes to letting Locus Wines followers of the new locations in Seattle that now carry the wines. Some of these locations restocked Locus Wines recently and some of them added us to their wine lists for the first time:
Cru Selections, our distributor in Washington and Northern Idaho, hasn’t just conquered the islands and the Peninsula. They also spearhead Locus Wines north (LaConner, Mount Vernon, Everett, Bellingham, Marysville, Mountlake Terrace) and (Tukwila, Des Moines, Tacoma, Olympia) south of metropolitan Seattle, and of course, east of it (Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Renton, Sammamish, Snohomish) – as far as Spokane, actually. Some of these markets are new to us so it makes the whole trek even more exciting:
- Spokane/C’oeur d’Alene/Moscow:
Sunshine and Sémillon…. Finally, summer is here. So is the 2016 Locus Sémillon.
Please join us to celebrate the arrival of our annual single vineyard white. We will pour the new 2016 release alongside the 2015 version (it’s always fun to compare) and we may even have a few bottles of the older vintage to sell to wine club members, too. We are also going to preview the 2015 Locus Nord, the older and slightly more serious cousin to the bright and happy Sud. If you like it, you can purchase futures at a great discount to pick up in November. As always, we’ll be pouring through most of our current releases (and, most likely, a surprise wine) and pairing everything with delicious bites from Ton’s catering company, ESCA.
RSVP on Facebook (if replying for multiple guests email us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Invite others. The more the merrier!
RSVP on Facebook or send us an email if you replying for multiple guests (email@example.com). There are no fees for this kid-free tasting. We define kids as those under 18 and those who act like kids. We only serve wine to adults 21 and older years of age.
- When? Saturday, July 15th, 3-7PM
- Where? 1515 Madrona Drive, Seattle, WA 98122
- How to RSVP? Facebook or if replying for multiple participants, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How much? Tasting is free. We can only serve adults 21 years and older.
- Kids? No. This event is not suitable for kids due to adult content, strong language, sharp corners and strategically-placed booby traps specifically designed to ward off people under 17.
- To see pictures from previous events like this one, visit The Gallery page.
Cru Selections, our distributor in Washington state as well as Northern Idaho has shown some deep market acumen lately and we haven’t had a chance to talk about it: Locus Wines has become quite the fixture on some of the wine-savvy areas outside Seattle, specifically the Islands and the Peninsula. We have always had some representation in those areas but not like how we do now.
You can now find Locus Wines in Lakebay, Long Beach, Port Hadlock, Seabeck, Langley and Bainbridge in addition to previous staples like Gig Harbor, Anacortes, Poulsbo and Vashon (hello long time Locus supporters, Compass Wines, Central Market, Vashon Thriftway). Specifically, you will find Locus Wines at:
- Blend Wine Shop, Lakebay, WA
- Village Wine, Langley, WA
- Pickled Fish, Long Beach, WA
- Ajax Café, Port Hadlock, WA
- Lone Rock Mercantile, Seabeck, WA
- Vashon Thriftway, Vashon, WA
- Compass Wines, Anacortes, WA
- Town and Country Market, Bainbridge Island, WA
- Gertie and the Giant Octopus, Gig Harbor, WA
- Central Market, Poulsbo, WA
- Taps at the Guard House, Fort Worden, WA
If you weren’t one of the 135 or so people who showed up at the Spring release party last Saturday, you can stop panicking now. You still have 5 chances in the upcoming weeks to try the new line up, near Seattle or far.
- STEM Uncorked, Seattle, WA, Friday, April 28th, 2017, 5-9PM
Come learn about the other “stem” education at Science Uncorked! Enjoy an evening sampling some of Washington’s finest wines while exploring the science straight from the vine. Enjoy unlimited tastings from participating wineries, a souvenir wine glass, and after-hours access to the exhibits.
- Madrona Wine Merchants Tasting, Saturday, May 6th, 2017, 2-4PM
Taste the new releases at the best place second best place in Madrona to taste Locus Wines. Jim and Mark are ardent supporters of Locus and we do this tasting annually to celebrate the partnership.
- The Tasting Room, Saturday, May 13th, 2017, 1-5PM
Locus Wines is part of the Tasting Room 7 days a week now but from time to time, we become the focus of attention there. This is one of those focus of attention thingies, with winemaker Rich Burton on hand to pour the wines.
- Rising Stars, Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center, Prosser, WA, May 20th, 2017, 1-4PM
2nd annual rising star highlights up and coming winemakers in Prosser, WA. Tickets are $50 plus tax until April 30th. $55 plus tax afterwards. Discounts for lodging available for early birds.
- Bottlehouse Rosé Event, Seattle, WA Saturday, June 3rd, 2017, 3-8PM
Locus Wines plus bunch of other class acts are going to battle it out to the death. Except they won’t. They will also pour rosé wines. Find out more about the event at the Bottlehouse website.
- Everett Golf Club & Country Club, Everett, WA, Friday, June 9th, 5-8PM
Find Locus winemaker Rich Burton on the 15th with wine, then taste/buy the wines in the clubhouse.
- McCall Rosé Tasting Event, McCall, ID, Sunday, June 18th, 3-6PM
- Mr. West Rosé Event, Seattle, WA, June 20th, 5-8PM
- The Tasting Room, Seattle, WA, Saturday, July 8th, 2017, 1-5PM
You can taste Locus Wines any time at the Tasting Room in downtown Seattle but on this particular Saturday, Locus Wines is going to be the focus of attention with winemaker Rich Burton on hand to pour the wines. This is not a free of charge tasting.
- Summer Party,Seattle, WA, July 15th, 2017, 3-7PM
Annual summer party in Madrona neighborhood, celebrating release of 2016 Locus Sémillon and other surprises. Free of charge tasting and food pairings.