The 2013 Syrah/Grenache Locus Red blend won best of show at the Minnesota Food and Wine Experience, taking place in Minneapolis on March 5th and 6th at the Target Field. Locus Wines is one of the few wineries represented at the show: Also present are two great wineries:, located right next to the Locus stand: Owen Roe and Walla Walla’s Forgeron. Cougar Crest, 14 Hands, Browne, Chateau St Michelle properties are also pouring in the Washington Wine Pavillion located at the Metropolitan Club room.
The Locus team is pouring a total of six wines at the event:
- 2015 Locus Rose (Grenache, Cinsault and Mourvedre blend)
- 2014 Semillon, Dineen Family Vineyards
- 2014 Locus Modo Red (Merlot, Malbec, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon blend)
- 2013 Locus Red (Syrah and Grenache blend)
- 2012 Locus Syrah, StoneTree Vineyard
- 2013 Locus Syrah, Keller Vineyard